Definition of a UK Persuasive Essay
An argumentative or persuasive essay is an academic type of writing where its author has to apply reason and logic to prove that his views are correct. When you learn how to write a persuasive essay, the main rule of writing it is to provide strong arguments and back them up with evidence, facts, and logical explanation.
Outline of a Persuasive Essay
It is crucial to reach the balance between ethos, logos, and pathos in persuasive articles. It will help to persuade the target audience to take into account or even accept the author’s views. So, how is it possible to reach such an objective? How can one write this type of essay? As soon as you choose the essay topic and research it, thick about essay structure. Make an outline where you include major points for each section in your essay.
- Use a so-called “hook” to attract readers’ attention.
- The argument should be clearly overviewed.
- Reveal the position that will be argued in an essay by closing the introduction with a thesis statement.
- Main Body Paragraphs
- Include evidence in each paragraph of the main body.
- Sufficient amount of supporting facts should be provided in each paragraph.
- Paragraph of an Opposing View
- The opposing view should be clearly described and then refuted.
- The thesis statement, as well as every supporting evidence, should be restated in the concluding paragraph.
Ways of Writing a Persuasive Essay
One has to provide reasons in a persuasive essay to show that particular thoughts or ideas are more acceptable or valid than others. Such writing aims to inspire readers to take a certain point of view or do something in a certain way. It is of utmost importance to base every persuasive essay on solid logic by using facts, evidence, and supporting arguments.
Recommendations on Writing a Persuasive Essay
- How to write a persuasive essay? Take a position. What are your thoughts about the problem? Which side would you like to take? It is important to know possible prejudices that could make your argument “brighter”. What will your resolution be?
- Be aware of your target audience. Predict whether the target audience will support your position and determine the reasons why they may not accept it. It is obligatory to comprehend the two sides of the discussed problem because it will help you to argue your viewpoint effectively.
- Conduct thorough research of the chosen topic. One of the points of this type of writing is to present compelling and detailed evidence – the author should be willing to disprove all opposing points of view. To complete this very task, you will most likely have to go to the library.
- Think twice about essay structure. Identify the evidence you want to present and make a step-by-step plan on how to present them. Everything should be in a logical manner.
- Your argument requires support. Strong facts should be provided in your essay. Collect them while conducting research. You can also gather them from your personal experience or observations. Avoid plagiarized content and cite every source you use in the text. Only reliable statistical data has to be used in your essay. Data will help you to back up your arguments. One or even two direct quotes borrowed from the researchers of the chosen problem will make your arguments even stronger. To clearly and logically illustrate the author’s arguments, he has to include meaningful examples.
Different Persuasive Essay Topics
Unfortunately, students do not always receive enough instructions when assigned to work on this type of essay. Usually they are left with general information and a deadline to finish the task.
It is obvious that a student faces a challenge due to such a situation. As a result, a student does not have a topic and feels demotivated to perform the task effectively.
We recommend starting with topic selection. Below you can find the list of topics for your essay and the topics will vary depending on the research area:
- Is it effective to ban gambling in the United Kingdom?
- Is euthanasia an effective way to fight aggressive dogs?
- Is it logical to pay children for doing housework?
- Is chemical weapon ethical?
- Is it fine to be selfish?
- Can the truth be considered universal?
- Is it possible to determine behavior by genetics?
- Is it right to euthanize child molesters?
- Is it right to build walls between countries?
- Will globalization make nationalities disappear?
- Is it better to allow same-sex marriages in every country?
- Is it normal to allow gay parents to adopt children?
- Is it possible to ban abortion in GB?
- Is it right to underestimate good-looking people?
- Can fashion be ecological in Great Britain?
- When one does not believe in God, can he do anything he wants?
- Are dogs better than cats?
- Is it possible to create a survival plan for every family?
- Good and bad things. How to identify them?
- Olympic games and money
- Priests testifying in courts. Is it ethical?
- Psychological tests before parenting. Is it a good idea?
- Is it correct to recommend disabled people not to have children?
- Is it a good idea to mix sports teams about gender equality?
- Is it ethical to apply cyber-attacks spying on other countries?
- Is it ethical to make euthanasia legal?
- Sex orientation and its determination. Does it happen in childhood?
Select the topic that will inspire you to write an excellent paper or ask us how to write a persuasive essay.